Sunday, June 27, 2010

My journey

Hello everyone I have decided to write my first post on how I became an online student. My name is Cynthia and I have been working in the medical field for years now however, I did not finish my degree so I decided it is time to get it done. My oldest son will graduate with his degree in December and my other son will graduate from high school next year. I have twin grandchildren and I need to be an example for all of them. I hope that this will show my family and friends that it is never too late to finish things. I became a wife and mother and made that my priority now this is my chance to put my desires first. I have the flexibility I need here at Kaplan and the resources they provide have been wonderful. Even though I am older now it is as if I am in elementary school all over again. I have so much to refresh myself on and having a family and a full time job makes things a challenge for me. I am going to do my best to make this another wonderful road to share with my family. Good luck to all!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cynthia,

    Getting your degree is very important. I like how you plan on becoming an example to your grandchildren. Motivation is very important factor in getting started. I also enjoy Kaplan because of the flexibility that it offers me. People at work complain all the time about their schools. I love all the Professors I've had and feel that the way they grade is very fare. What are you getting your degree in?

    James Sposkoski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,

    I am glad you are sticking with it. Learning anything new makes us feel awkward. I like that you compare it to elementary school.

    ReplyDelete